I’ve been so busy! …I won’t go on and on with all my excuses. However, I will say that we are at this moment packing our bags to head on vacation!! Before leaving I really, reallllllly wanted to post about the paleta’s we made on Sunday for my best friends birthday! Sadly, The photo’s of the prep were terrible and they were next to impossible to get out of the molds (please if you have tips I would LOVE to hear them!!). Because of this, and the sun had gone down there were zero photo’s taken of the finished product. They were delicious! and a perfect treat to bring to a Mexican dinner (if you can get them out of the molds!). We ate the most amazing tacos the recipe can be found on her incredible blog ibbyandpop.com
Sadly my photo’s of Monday night have not captured how beautiful and and awesome the evening was! My besties are twins (gorgeous twins) and they looked incredible. Dinner was in Nic’s super cute backyard, surround by her pretty garden and vases of birthday flowers.
Happy 33rd Birthday to the my bestest friends!!! Have an amazing year XOXO I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
‘Dulce de Leche’ Paleta Recipe:
(6 – 8 popsicles, depending on your molds)
- 2 1/2 cups of dulce de leche
- 2 cans (13.5 oz each) of coconut milk
- Shredded coconut
- Place all the ingredients (except shredded coconut) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide evenly into ice pops molds. Seal and freeze until ready, about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle coconut on baking sheet and place in oven (on low-med heat). Give the pan a good shake through out toasting and make sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. When browned take out tray and let it cool
- After removing from popsicle mold from freezer dip Paletas in toasted coconut and serve.
FOR DULCE DE LECHE: RECIPE