On the weekend I made lemon curd!! I’m pretty proud of it. I thought it was going to be really hard. But, It wasn’t at all.
Saturday morning I woke up early (this is my favorite time to watch movies, cause I can watch anything I feel like, and do not have to compromise on my picks!) . This morning it was Frances (1982) which was recommended to me by my manager at work. It was amazing!! Jessica Lange is incredible (it took me half the movie to get a grip on just how stunning she actually is), the story is heartbreaking. I’m happy Chris was still fast asleep as I turned it off (with tear stained cheeks) at the end. I’m a total sucker, I cry watching movies all the time lol.
I was excited to get breakfast started and figured Chris would be awake soon so I started on the lemon curd. I figured it would be the hardest part of our breakfast. I had seen a recipe for “Cornmeal Pancakes and Lemon Curd” on Naturally Ella and really wanted to try it. I made my pancakes EXACTLY like her’s. They were delicious. The lemon curd recipe she had was from Cookie&Kate….I made mine a little different, but the instructions are the same! It’s super easy to do, I can’t wait to use it on all sorts of stuff! I still have most of the jar.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, cream the butter and syrup until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs slowly.
- Pour in juice, and pour the mixture into a medium-sized, non-reactive saucepan.
- On medium/low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Cook until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour into a glass jar and let it cool and store the curd in the refrigerator.