This recipe has actually very little to do with Tina Turner. Tina Turner Toast actually didn’t have a name….I actually just made it up. This is a snack my dad would make pretty often. It was usually made on movie nights or on the weekend and when we were all hungry waiting for dinner or….. when my mom went out for the night and my dad let me stay up FAR past bed time to watch Tina Turner Live in Concert.
- I remember cause I got to stay up crazy late.
- I remember because my dad turned the volume up louder then I had ever heard it.
- Because he let me dance on the couch (which was probably more like frantically jumping up and down on the couch).
He made this and vanilla milk shakes.
Now, this has been perfected over the past 30 years and, there is no need to improvise or adjust it. We assure you.
- 4 pieces of white bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 12 slices of cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut crust off bread
- Slice into 3 equal pieces (tip- we use an electric carving knife to prevent squishing the bread)
- Cut the 6 slices of bacon in half (for a total of 12) -microwave bacon *according to most, to cook bacon in microwave you would cook 1min for every slice. That is actually too long for this recipe it’s important to check on them. you want it to be slightly under cooked (so a little under 6min).
- Arrange them on a baking sheet with a little room between them, place sliced cheese on top of the pieces of bread, top with bacon (tip- He uses tooth picks to assure the bacon stay perfectly placed on the toasts. if you don’t have them it’s ok…but you’ll need to check on them frequently to make sure the bacon doesn’t fall off)
- Bake for 15min
There you have it! Perfect Tina Turner Toast!
Tina Turner Live in Rio (1988) :